Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Do-Over Day

Do you ever feel like you need a do-over for a specific day?  I'm still not sleeping well and I'd only been asleep for a few hours when my 2 year old woke up. Not ready.  I let petty things influence my mood (I'm starting to think that Facebook might be evil!!) and we ended up starting school a bit late this morning. My 7 year old did brilliant work this morning. She really enjoyed the history lesson we did, and she whizzed through her math work. Awesome. My 8 year old screamed that she didn't want to do her work.  It took me 5 hours to get her to finally finish.  Now, it's 5pm. I was able to make a great lunch for everyone (myself included!! SHOCKING!!) and get a load of dishes in, but there's still laundry to be done, dinner to be made, and the entire downstairs is completely ransacked. Seriously, there are markers with no tops in the foyer, trucks in the kitchen, a half eaten Tofu Quesadilla in the living room, and someone's underwear in the dining room...among other things.  Plus, I am in a terrible mood and totally W-O-R-N O-U-T.

  My sweet, tired 2 year old?  Asleep on the couch.  I'm jealous.

I wish I could do this day over. Sitting here, I can see the pitfalls, where we went wrong, and I could go back and fix them. 

I guess the best thing to do is to focus on what went RIGHT (my 7 year old's school success, clean dishes and counters, and I did manage to play with my 4 year old for a while. We raced trucks and his bulldozer ate my Pegasus and Army Men. It was awesome!!) and let it go. Breathe. Breathe some more.  What's that banging sound? Breathe. "MOOOOOOMMMM!!" Breathe quicker. Sigh.

Do you ever wish you had a do over day?

1 comment:

The Starkey Family said...

You need to cut yourself some slack. You are doing a job that most people wouldnt even attempt. There was a legitamate study done on the psychological affects of facebook and it seriously says something like facebook can make your day go badly. In the end, you are a mom and while yoy dont get do over days you do get to say "its ok, i am doing the best i can do right now." that is enough.